Separation and Divorce is a very stressful time for both children and parents, and the process can continue for a long period of time. Family members may seek a referral in the following ways:
- Referral from a GP due to behaviour changes and stress in a child
- Referral from GP due to stress and upset for a parent.
- Family Counselling for members to adjust to new/blended situations
- Post Separation counselling for the parents, to achieve new ways of communicating and managing the child’s needs, whilst lowering stress.
In a minority of situations there are special concerns, or communication and co-operation has become very difficult. These cases may progress to the Family Court. We are often asked to help in the following ways:
- Specialist support where there has been Family Violence.
- Request for Assessment or monitoring by an Independent Children’s Lawyer
- Assessment of a child’s situation or needs due to family changes or stress over access
- Request for recommendations for the child from your Family Lawyer
- Court-reportable counselling for the child or family members to monitor wellbeing and progress.
Grow Psychology has many years of experience in supporting family members through these difficult times, and in helping to achieve better outcomes for families.
Call us for an Assessment or to book sessions for family help and support.